Frequently asked questions
What is necessary for me to make a reservation of a parcel?
- A minimum down payment of Afl.1000,- (per parcel)
- Buyers’ passports
- Excerpt from population register (Censo, 5 florin)
- Fill in a form
How long will a reservation last?
The reservation of a parcel lasts 3 months, during which time the buyers are responsible for obtaining financial approval.
How long will the entire procedure take? (purchasing the property)
It depends on how long it takes the buyer to obtain approval from a financial institution.
Are notary costs included in the purchase price of the property?
The notary costs and transfer tax are not included in the purchase price.
Do I get the down payment back after purchase?
The down payment that is made will be deducted from the purchase price.
What happens to the down payment if I cancel during the reservation period?
The down payment (minus administrative costs for Better Homes N.V. in the amount of Afl. 400.-- per parcel) shall be refunded to the buyer if during the reservation period the buyer did not receive approval from a financial institute.
If Buyer cancelled without any valid reason, the down payment will not be refunded.
What rules are there in the residential development?
*These are some basic rules, in the contract you will receive a detailed list of all rules and you can always ask for more information.
1. In order to maintain a peaceful environment, we do not permit the land to be used as a business or apartment complex.
2. To avoid long standing empty lots, the house must be built within a minimum of 4 years after the deed is signed over.
3. Animals other than pets, such as goats, sheep, horses, cows, pigs, or other poultry/cattle is prohibited.
4. Keeping animals, rodents and some breed of dogs, that are considered dangerous and/or a nuisance is strictly prohibited. (Ask for an explanation / detailed list)
Why are there rules if it’s property land (Eigendom)?
Keep in mind that though you will purchase propertyland (eigendom), it is in a residential development of Better Homes. The rules have been formulated over years of developing residential properties and are meant to maintain peace, order and safety for all residents.
Do I have to use Better Homes’ contractors to build my house?
Though we suggest using our trusted associate, J.R. Constructions’ services, every buyer is free to use their own contractor.
Do I have to build one of the model houses / Can I design my own house?
The model houses are optional; every client is free to design their own house, as long as it follows the standards of our projects.
If I want a model house, can the layout be adapted?
Yes, all model houses are completely adaptable e.g. adding or removing rooms, a flat roof design, etc. We can make any changes needed to the technical drawings.
What is permitted to be built?
It is possible to build 1 (one) house and 1 (one) apartment per parcel.
Non-permanent structures such as trailers are not permitted.
The structures must have either a tiled roof or a flat roof.
I don't live in Aruba, is it possible to purchase property without being there?
Yes, it is possible for non-residents to purchase property with Better Homes.
- A minimum down payment of USD 1000,- /per parcel (via wire transfer)
- Notarized Buyers’ passports
- Notarized Buyers' Drivers' Licences
- Notarized Authorization letter (Power of Attorney)
- Fill in forms